Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fable 3 Review

   Okay I was super super excited about this game! I loved Fable and Fable 2!  And who didn't enjoy having an adorable puppy follow you around?
   Fable 3 was interesting, but I don't see myself playing it through again.  Even for the achievements, and I love getting achievements lol.  The game is extremly glitchy and you can't save multiply times.  So if you happen to be running through town or on a quest and you hear people talking, stop and listen.  Do not move until they are done.  This happened to my husband, we were playing under his game on a side quest you had to do to build up your rep.  We were listening to these people talk while walking through their 'board game' and the game glitched.  He had to restart his game from the very beginning.
   The interactions aren't as fun as they were in Fable 3, and the menu isn't as easy to access.  But hey, you have a treasure room that fills with gold the richer you get, and a little table that presents sit on from other games or from the citizens of Fable.
   A good thing about Fable 3, people no longer run in fear if you push the wrong button and happen to pull our your gun or shoot magic.  Which since I do that a lot, is quite relieving.  And say your playing with someone else on their game? You can move freely, both of you can.  For example, many times my husband and I lost each other in town on this game.  We wound up on other sides of town trying to figure out which way to go.  The only off thing about this is you no longer have that button to push that teleports you to your companion.  But I can live with that since I can runaway from the other character.  You can't leave or enter town without each other or talk to quest people without the other person present though.

1 comment:

  1. Also, John Cleese is your personal butler! So that's cool. And the level-up legendary weapon system was pretty cool, but it didn't really work as well as I think it ought to have. The weapons were by no means balanced in any way. But the maps were interesting, and the idea of raising an army to overthrow the evil tyrant was very interesting. And the twist at the end even I didn't foresee... I agree about the replay value. It's fun once, but the clunky mechanics, the glitches, and the tedium of many aspects of the game made me not want to finish all the achievements or level up my weapons. I feel like they tried to do too much and didn't do any of it particularly well.

    ReplyDelete